I was looking up crochet baby blankets yesterday and noticed that a lot of the pictures showed little girls with headbands. I assume this is to let us know it's a little girl baby and not a little boy baby. They were kind of cute. I thought about the yarn I was using to make the blankets and realized every little girl really does need matching accessories! So I made this:
I used Google to find baby head sizes and settled on 14 inches. The girl this is for is probably going to be a little early and small. I did a foundation chain and then just single crocheted two rows using a size K hook. Then I stictched the ends together to form a circle. I Googled "Crochet Flowers" and found Little Birdie Secrets Crochet Flower Tutorial and I used a size J hook for the flower. I used the purple color to stitch the flower to the band and I did it at the seem to cover anything that might look a little off. In about a half hour or less I had a matching accessory for a blanket.
I am very excited to give this away. I think the headband will be a nice little something extra for the baby shower.
I will post the blanket and the other set I'm doing when I get that far. I brought the blanket into work today. I am hoping after I finish my chores I can work on it a little bit. Considering it's for someone that worked here, I don't think the bosses will mind too much!
Very cute and simple. Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteThank you dkazy! You are very welcome!
ReplyDelete