Loaf:
1# ground beef
2 slices of bread, cubed
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 can water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
Mix meat and onion. Whisk together egg and milk and add to meat and onion. Add water chestnuts, add cubed bread. Mix well.
Sauce:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 teas. mayonaise
Whisk together sauce ingredients. Mix 1/2 the sauce into the meat loaf. Shape into loaf in a pan that will accommodate size.
Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, add remaining sauce and continue baking for another 20-30 minutes depending on size of loaf.
I told my husband I was going to post this recipe today because I forgot it yesterday. He said I should mention that the recipe should always be doubled so you can have meatloaf sandwiches the next day. He's still disappointed he didn't get his sandwich.
Enjoy and please let me know if you make it, enjoy it, know something like it or even hated it!
So excited to have this in my life!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! I'm glad I posted it!
ReplyDelete