When I cleaned out the blog I also cleaned out a lot of my internet use. I was on digital overload and went on a spree of disabling my acounts. The first kill was Instagram, but I'm back on that now. It's probably my favorite place to hang out. Tumblr is another happy place for me. I wouldn't get most of my ideas if it weren't for Pinterest. I had an early invite to RebelMouse and while I don't fully understand what I'm doing there, I like it. I'm trying to keep my Ravelry account up to date and linking from Pinterest so people can see my completed projects. I did keep my Twitter so I could stay up to date with sports, authors and artists. Those buttons to the right are the best way to track me down.
I like blogger and I like the idea of a blog, but I'm too busy doing life. I don't know how others do it. I don't even have kids! Half the time I'm lucky if I remember to take a picture of something when I finish it. I feel the other sites I linked let me show off a bit of creativity and see what others are doing in a friendlier, easy to use atmosphere. So yeah, much like knitting, blogging is just not for me.
I can't/won't delete the blog. There are a couple of patterns on here that get a lot of visits from Pinterest. That crochet baby headband may be one of my greatest accomplishments! Who knew? Thank you everyone who has pinned it and looked at it.
I might be back sooner rather than later. I might not make another post until the next anniversary. We'll see how things go this next year. So if you have any interest in things that happen in between my random visits here, click on one or all of those links to the right.
No comments:
Post a Comment