16 July, 2013

Diagonals Done!

I finished Piglet's blanket yesterday!  There is such a sense of accomplishment when that last piece is woven in and the blanket is done.  It turns out I have no idea how small babies really are so I make these huge blankets that will swallow them whole.  At least I know it will last for years and hopefully, when it does finally fall apart, it will have done all the things a good blanket should do.  I know how attached I was to a few blankets when I was small and I always hope the blankets I make provide the same fun and comfort that I had.

This blanket was made using Mam'zelle Flo's Diagonales: English Tutorial.  I just kept going until I thought it was big enough and then started the decrease.  It is a really easy pattern to follow once you get the hang of it.  Her drawn instructions help a lot!

Finished Product:




The last stitch.  I was so happy to pull that last loop through I took a picture to commemorate the moment.


The Pile of Woven Ends.  This is always highlight of any crochet project.  I didn't put a border on this blanket so this meant it was really finished.


If you try this blanket and have any questions about the pattern I am always happy to try to help.  This pattern is a keeper.  Easy to do and beautiful when done.  The color combos are endless and my imagination has already run a bit wild with the possibilities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment