25 January, 2014

Square Fail #1

I know I said I was done here, but that was before I started this new blanket.  This thing is worth writing about.  Kind of.  If nothing else, you can learn (laugh) at my mistakes.  I knew there was a reason I didn't get rid of this blog.

I made 18 squares.  
Ah, see how pretty??

Then I started square 19.  I was watching hockey (big surprise) as I started my "not" foundation chain.  I accidentally put the hook through both loops.  No biggie right?  It wasn't until the light bulb went off over my head and flooded the room in the wondrous glow of a crochet epiphany.  I had been doing my "not" foundation chain wrong.  Go figure.  I continued with pushing the hook through both loops and it was beautiful.  So I'm back to square one (laugh with me here).  I guess the good news is I can pull the messed up squares apart and use them to stitch the new and improved squares together.  So not all is lost, just a little bit of time.  

If I figure out how to crochet and take pictures I will post my mistake along with my correction.   If I figure out how to crochet and read, forget it, I'll never be back!  

No comments:

Post a Comment